Thursday, June 3, 2010

Get-a-way

So, we totally had a blast camping. Some people don't like camping the "real" way, but I love it. I can be super girly, but then I have moments where I just want to forget about it and sweat... and IT'S OKAY! I promise.Don't freak out on me because i like to camp, okay? It's okay to sweat. It's okay to not sleep SUPER comfy. We had a 3 man tent and a blow up queen mattress, I think that's pretty good. It's a total blast. I can't wait to do it again. What's the next holiday, July 4th? ;)

*blogger is NOT letting me type in between my pictures at the moment*
So.. the orange cone- that greeted us as we pulled up to Lot #10. :) It was well reserved for us! How exciting is that. I loved it. I can't wait until we go camping it, it was such great fun. We hiked up to Gorman Falls. That's BEAUTIFUL!
This picture is of Colorado River (left) and the Gorman Falls-water- (right)
Look at the dramatic difference... do you see the line where the current is pushing the river water out? It's awesome. I love how it never mixes because of the current from the falls!!


That's our weekend getaway! Hope ya'll had a great one too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing some photos of your camping trip to Colorado Bend State Park. I will be camping there for the first time soon and your post gave me a little preview.

    ReplyDelete